3 medium red beets (wrap red beets together in aluminum foil)
3 medium golden beets (wrap golden beets together in aluminum foil) * You can save the leafy stems for juicing
4 cups mixed salad greens or arugula
Crumbled goat cheese
Optional: Grilled chicken breasts
1/4 cup fresh orange juice or lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest or lemon zest
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Roast the beets at 400 degrees F for one hour in the oven.
2. Let the beets cool before removing the skin.
3. Cut the beets into bite-size pieces.
4. Combine all the dressing ingredients together into a salad dressing shaker bottle and mix.
5. Assemble the salad with salad greens, beets, goat cheese crumbles, and salad dressing.
6. Optional: Serve with grilled chicken breasts.