1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 sweet yellow onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 lb ground lamb
1 tsp Chinese five-spice seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp white ground pepper
1/3 cup parsley (chopped)
1 lb package Vigo saffron yellow rice
1 English cucumber (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
1 cup hummus
Pickled olives (optional)
Pickled jalapenos (optional)
1 cup feta cheese
1. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
2. When the oil is hot, add onions and garlic. Sauté until the garlic and onion soften.
3. Add ground lamb and break up the lamb until it is cooked through.
4. Add five-spice, paprika, red pepper flakes, ginger powder, salt, and white pepper.
5. Stir-fry until the lamb is brown and fully cooked.
6. Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley. Drain the juices.
7. Cook the yellow rice according to the package.
8. Assemble your Mediterranean bowl with ground lamb, yellow rice, cucumbers, tomatoes, hummus, feta cheese, pita bread, jalapenos, and olives.